Spain, Diocese of Segovia, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Spain, Diocese of Segovia, Catholic Church Records, 1533-1987 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Image Visibility
- 3 Record Description
- 4 Record Content
- 5 How to Use the Record
- 6 Known Issues with This Collection
- 7 Related Websites
- 8 Related Wiki Articles
- 9 Contributions to This Article
- 10 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Record
España, Diócesis de Segovia, Registros Parroquiales de la Iglesia Católica
Whenever possible, Family Search makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record Custodians. The Spain, Diocese of Segovia, Catholic Church Records collection is available to the Family History Library, FamilySearch Centers, and to members of the supporting organization, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The images can be viewed at a FamilySearch Center near you.
This collection includes baptisms, marriages, burials and other ecclesiastical documents images of parish registers from the Segovia Catholic Diocese. Parishes in this diocese lie within the province of Segovia. The records were kept in the Palacio Episcopal de Segovia before 2010, and were then moved to their current location in the premises of the old seminary. The text of the records is in Spanish.
For a list of records by localities, document type and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browselink from the collection landing page.
Most baptismal records include:
- Date and place of baptism
- Name and gender of person being baptized
- Date of birth or age at time of baptism
- Parents’ names, residence, and marital status
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Name of godparents and their relationship to child
Most marriage records include:
- Date and place of marriage
- Name of the bride and groom
- Groom's name and age
- Groom's marital status, origin and residence
- Names of groom's parents and their origin
- Bride's name and age
- Bride's marital status, origin and residence
- Names of bride's parents and their origin
- Names of the witnesses
Most burial records include:
- Date and place where where death occurred
- Name and age of deceased
- Parents' names if deceased was a minor
- Spouse's name if deceased was married
- Cause of death
- Burial information
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "Estado/provincia/departamento" category
⇒ Select the "Ciudad o pueblo" category
⇒ Select the "Parroquia" category
⇒ Select the "Tipo de registro y años" category which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination. Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the “Show Citation” box. Spain, Diocese of Segovia, Catholic Church Records, 1533-1987
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Spain, Diocese of Segovia, Catholic Church Records, 1533-1987." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Archivo Diocesano de Segovia.