Spain, Province of Alicante, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Spain, Province of Alicante, Municipal Records, 1762-1921 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Known Issues with This Collection
- 6 Related Websites
- 7 Related Wiki Articles
- 8 Contributions to This Article
- 9 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Record
Registros Municipales de la Provincia de Alicante, España
This collection includes civil registration, census and military records for the cities of Alcoy and Denia in the province of Alicante. The text of the records is in Spanish. This collection is being published as images become available.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Spain, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
For a list of records by localities, document type and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browselink from the collection landing page.
Civil registration records of births usually contain the following information:
- Name of child
- Date, time and place of birth, including house, street, town and province
- Names of parents and their occupations
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Names of maternal grandparents
- Date and place of baptism
Civil registration records of marriages usually contain the following information:
- Date and place of marriage
- Groom's name and age
- Groom's marital status, occupation, residence and origin
- Names of groom's parents and their occupation(s)
- Bride's name and age
- Bride's marital status, occupation, residence and origin
- Names of bride's parents and their occupation(s)
Civil registration records of deaths usually contain the following information:
- Date of registration of death
- Name and age of deceased
- Residence of deceased
- Burial information
Civil registration records of census records contain the following:
- Street and house number where census was taken
- Name, gender and age of each member of household
- Marital status, occupation and nationality of each person
- Whether person is literate or illiterate
- Origin and length of stay in this location
Civil registration records of military records contain the following:
- Name of soldier
- Date and place of enlistment
- Date when service was to begin
How to Use the Record
Fill in the requested information in the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the ancestors in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "Province" category
⇒ Select the "City or Municipality" category
⇒ Select the "Parish" category
⇒ Select the "Record Type and Years" category which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the “Show Citation” box. Spain, Province of Alicante, Municipal Records, 1762-1921
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Spain, Province of Alicante, Municipal Records, 1762-1921" Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013.