Spain, Province of Granada, Miscellaneous Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Spain, Province of Granada, Miscellaneous Records, 1592-1900 .
Title in the Language of the Record
España, Granada, Varios Documentos
This collection includes records from 1592 to 1900. The text of the records is in Spanish.
This collection includes military records or quintas (1700-1900), hospital death records (1749-1834) and foster home records (1700-1900). The records were originally housed in the Archivo de la Diputación de Granada, in Granada, Spain.
For a list of records by categories and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browselink from the collection landing page.
Military records may contain the following information:
- Name and age of draftee
- Date and location of enlistment
- Date and place of birth
- Literacy and occupation
- Origin, including name of parish, city/town, and province
- Parents' names
- Civil status and religion
- Complete physical description
Hospital records may contain the following information:
- Name, age and gender of patient
- Civil status of patient
- Names of the patient's parents
- Parents' age, residence and origin
- Name of the spouse (if married)
- Observations (notes) of doctor
- If the patient died, date and place of death/burial
Foster home records may contain the following information:
- Date and time of arrival at orphanage
- Name, age and gender of the child/orphan
- Name of parish where baptized
- Sometimes, a birth place is given
How to Use the Record
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the “Record Type and Years” which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: Spain, Province of Granada, Miscellaneous Records, 1592-1900
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- "Spain, Province of Granada, Miscellaneous Records, 1592-1900." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Archivo de la Diputación de Granada.