Spain, Province of Tarragona, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Spain, Province of Tarragona, Municipal Records, 1430-1936 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Record
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Record
- 5 Known Issues with This Collection
- 6 Related Websites
- 7 Related Wiki Articles
- 8 Contributions to This Article
- 9 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Record
Registros Municipales de la Provincia de Tarragona, España.
This Collection will include records from 1430 to 1916.
This collection includes civil registration, census, wills, quintas (military) records for the cities and parishes of Benissanet, Rasquera, Torre de l'Espanyol and Tortosa in the Tarragona Province of Spain. The text of the records is in Spanish. This collection is being published as images become available.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Spain, Municipal Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
For a list of records by localities and dates currently published in this collection, select the Browselink from the collection landing page.
Civil registration records usually contain the following information:
- Place and date of event
- Parents’ names
Census records usually contain the following information:
- Nationality or place of origin
Military draft records may contain the following information:
- Name of draftees
- Age of draftees
- Parents’ name
How to Use the Record
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine if the image relates to them. You may need to look at several images and compare the information about the individuals listed in those images to your ancestors to make this determination.
Keep in mind:
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
To begin your search you should know the following:
- The person’s name
- The approximate location of an event
Search the Collection
To search the collection you will need to follow this series of links:
⇒Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒Select the "Province"
⇒Select the "City or Municipality"
⇒Select the "Parish"
⇒Select the "Record Type and Years" which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following wiki articles:
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
- Spain’s provinces in the early 21st century
- Tarragona Province in the early 21st century
- Spain’s provinces in 1948
- Spain’s provinces in 1901
- Spain’s provinces in 1838
- Catalonia region provinces (including Tarragona) in 1837
- Spain’s provinces in 1796
- Spain’s provinces in 1736
- Spain’s provinces in 1643
- Spain in 1513
- English wiki entry on history of Catalonia region
- Spanish wiki entry on history of Catalonia region
- "Historia Crítica Civíl y Eclesiástica de Catalunya," a Google eBook, published in 1907
- "Historia de Tarragona," a Google eBook, published in 1892
- Crónica de la Provincia de Tarragona," a Google eBook, published in 1870
Other Genealogical Resources
- Hispanic Genealogy
- Blog de Genealogía Hispaña
- Genealogía Española-España GenWeb
- Research guide for Spain
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Citations for individual image records are available for this collection. Browse through images in this collection and click on the "Show Citation" box: Spain, Province of Tarragona, Municipal Records, 1430-1936
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the information published in FamilySearch.org Historical Record collections. Sources include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- “Spain, Province of Tarragona, Municipal Records, 1430-1916.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2013. Citing Arxiu Comarcal del Baix Penedés.