St. Andrews Free Presbyterian Church--Dundee Angus Parish -282
Gives a history, membership with numbers for a given year, sources and notes, and various types of records with year ranges. There will be a Family History Library (FHL) Film Number.
The minister and many of his congregation came out in 1843. A church was built, and opened in February 1845. A schoolroom purchased in 1846 was subsequently used as a church hall. A site for a new church was acquired in 1875; but the site of the old church was never sold. The congregation founded Oglivie Church and was largely instrumental in the forming of Wellgate, St. Stephens, church.'
- 1848, 900
- 1900, 570
- Annals of the Free Church of Scotland, 1843–1900, ed. Rev. William Ewing, D.D., 2 vols. pub. 1914. Film #918572. More details may be given in the source.
Records & FHL Film Number
- Baptismal Register 1845–1873 - 0889477 item 3
- Various Minutes 1843–1878
Note: Available at the National Archives of Scotland, Edinburgh, record CH3/324