St. Bartholomews Parish, South Carolina
- Borders Prince William, St. George, St. Helena's Parish, St. John's Colleton, St. Matthew's Parish, and St. Paul's parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina. An overlay of districts is available at Carolana.com.
- South Carolina Archives Summary Guide: St. Bartholomew's County, available online, courtesy: South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- Mott, Beverly K. 1790 Census for St. Bartholomews Parish, Charleston District, South Carolina, available online, courtesy: SCGenWeb.
- Jarrell, Lawrence E. Early Colleton, South Carolina Census. Complete Transcription of the Federal Census Records; 1790 Charleston District Census, St. Bartholomew's, St. George's-Dorchester; St. Paul's and St. John's-Colleton Parishes; 1800 Colleton District Census--St. Bartholomew's, St. George's-Dorchester and St. Paul's Parishes; 1810 Colleton District Census. High Point, N.C.: Alligator Creek Genealogy Publications, 1998. FHL Book 975.79 X2j
For an early history of the parish, see Chapter 21, St. Bartholomew's Parish, pages 366-374, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
- Geiger, Florence Gambrill. "St. Bartholomew's Parish as Seen by Its Rectors, 1713-1761," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 50, No. 4 (Oct. 1949):173-203. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
For a more modern history filled with illustrations, see:
- Plantations of St. Bartholomew's Parish. Publisher's bookstore.
In the 1950s, the records of St. Bartholomew's Parish and Edmundbury Chapel were kept at the Bishop's office in St. Philip's Church, Charleston. St. Bartholomew's records include a history, minutes, and reports of various organizations. St. Bartholomew's copies: FHL Film 22741 Item 6; Edmundbury copies: FHL Film 22741 Item 5.
- Fripp, William Henry. "Minutes of the Vestry, St. Bartholomew's Parish, 1822-1840," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 45, No. 2 (Apr. 1944):65-70; Vol. 45, No. 3 (Jul. 1944):157-171; Vol. 45, No. 4 (Oct. 1944):217-221; Vol. 51, No. 1 (Jan. 1950):10-23; Vol. 51, No. 2 (Apr. 1950):78-96; Vol. 51, No. 3 (Jul. 1950):145-163; Vol. 51, No. 4 (Oct. 1950):229-242. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
-  St. Bartholomew's Parish Tax Returns, 1785, South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 5, No. 3 (Summer 1977).
- Colleton County, South Carolina Early History, courtesy: SCGenWeb.
- Edmundsbury Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- David M. Bryan, "Charleston Lady to Frontier Widow .. and Back!: The Saga of Elizabeth Chalmers Raysor," The South Carolina Magazine of Ancestral Research, Vol. 37, No. 4 (Fall 2009):188. FHL Book 975.7 B2sc v. 37
- Edmundsbury; Pon Pon Chapel; Ruins of Pon Pon Chapel of Ease, St. Bartholomew's Parish, all part of The Historical Marker Database, accessed 17 February 2011.