St. Georges Parish, Accomack, Virginia
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:34, 9 January 2012 by Murphynw (cemetery)
St. George's Parish has served Accomack County, Virginia.
St. George Parish reports:
Overseers of the Poor
- Surname index to Meetings of the Overseers of the Poor for Accomack & St. George's Parish September 1787-1819, courtesy: Petersrow Publishers.
Colonial parish registers do not survive.
- Walczyk, Gail M. St. George's Parish, Accomack County, Vestry Book 1763-1787. Coram, N.Y.: Peter's Row, 1998. FHL Book 975.516 K2w; Free online surname index, courtesy: Petersrow Publishers.
- St George's Parish on the Eastern Shore of Virginia (official site)
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- Jean Merritt Mihalyka and Faye Downing Wilson, Graven Stones: Inscriptions from Lower Accomack County, Virginia, Including Liberty and Parksley Cemeteries (Bowie, Md.: Heritage books, Inc., 1992).
- Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 304-309.
- Francis Lister Hawks, A Narrative of Events Connected with the Rise and Progress of the Protestant Episcopal Church in Virginia: To Which is Added an Appendix, Containing the Journals of the Conventions in Virginia from the Commencement to the Present Time (New York: Harper and Brothers, 1836). Digital version at Google Books.