St. Georges Parish, Spotsylvania, Virginia
In 1892, the Ladies' Cemetery Guild of St. George's Church identified 164 graves.
WPA made a survey of the graves at St George's Church in 1936. It is available at the Rappahannock Library in Fredericksburg.
- Slaughter, Philip and R.A. Brock. History of St. George's Parish in the County of Spotsylvania, and Diocese of Virginia: With a Biography of the Author and a Continuation, Embracing the History of St. George's and Trinity Churches to the Present Time. Richmond, Va.: J.W. Randolph & English, 1890. Digital version at Google Books; 1998 reprint: FHL Collection.
Colonial parish registers do not survive.
The original St. George's Parish Vestry Books (1727-1843) are kept at the Library of Virginia.
- St. George's Episcopal Church (official website). Includes history, visitor directions, church schedule.
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- "History," St. George's Episcopal Church, Fredericksburg, Virginia, http://www.stgeorgesepiscopal.net/about_us/history/, accessed 12 January 2012.
- Margaret C. Klein, Tombstone Inscriptions of Spotsylvania County, Virginia (Palm Coast, Fla.: M.C. Klein, 1983), 68.