St. Helena Parish, Louisiana Genealogy
|St. Helena Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||October 27, 1810|
- 1 Parish Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1810--St. Helena Parish was created 27 October 1810 from Spanish West Florida.
Parish seat: Greensburg 
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
Black Creek A.M.E. Church, 217 Black Creek Church Lane in Greensburg (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=2214761&CScn=black+creek&CSst=20&)
Clinton-Pipkin Cemetery (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=2167300&CScnty=1154&CSsr=21&)
Darlington Church of God in Christ, 2295 Otis & Willie Matthews Rd. Greensburg,LA 70441 (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=2398647)
Lazard Temple Church of God in Christ 15750 Louisiana 43,Greensburg,LA 70441 (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=2400178&CScnty=1154&CSsr=41&)
Mount Everett A.M.E. Church 4289 Louisiana 37,Greensburg,LA 70441 (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=2219256&CScnty=1154&CSsr=61&)
Turner Chapel A.M.E. Church Cemetery aka Crossroads, the church was organized in 1868 rebuilt in 1959 in Greensburg (http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=1990795&CScn=turner+chapel&CScntry=4&CSst=20&)
|St. Helena Parish Census Data|
Inscription from War Memorial in front of St. Helena Parish Courthouse in Greensburg, LA
Dedicated To The Memory Of Those Who Died In The Defense Of Our Country And All Who Served In The Cause Of Freedom
Greater Greensburg Veterans War Memorial
World War I
Ewell C. Murray
Willie M. Berry
World War II
Edgar W. Allen
Adrian P. Carruth
Richard E. Chapman
William A. LeBlanc,Sr.
Albert J. Pittman
William T. Phillips, Jr.
Delos H. Williams
Wilbur G. Miller
Artames W. Turner
Charles M. Turner
Homer P. Garrison
Emmett J. Bryant
Melvin G. Bryant
Gilton W. Johnson
Donald L. Martin
Robert C. Strickland
James Jennings, Jr.
ARMY NAVY MARINE AIR FORCE
ERECTED BY St. Helena Members Post 264
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- St. Helena Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- United States Census Bureau. "St. Helena Parish Quickfacts". http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/22/22091.html. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.