St. James Santee Parish, South Carolina
St. James Santee Parish serves Charleston.
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders Christ Church, Prince Frederick, Prince George, St. Stephen's, St. Thomas & St. Denis parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina.
The parish church's cemetery graves are transcribed in Bridges (see below).
Church History and Records
- Bridges, Anne B. and Roy Williams. St. James Santee Plantation Parish [South Carolina] History & records, 1685-1925. Spartanburg, S.C.: The Reprint Co., 1997. FHL Book 975.79 H2b
- South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 17 FHL Book 975.7 B2s v. 17.
- "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Saint James Santee Parish, Charleston, South Carolina Computer Printout; Births or Christenings, 1758-1788. FHL Film 883821 Item 17