St. John-s Free Presbyterian Church--Dundee Angus Parish -282

From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:37, 18 July 2009 by Laraleepn (talk | contribs) (cat)

Jump to: navigation, search

This gives a history of the church, the membership records and other records available for this church with range of years, and the source where we obtained this information.


The minister and congregation of St. John's, with few exceptions, came out in 1843. A machine loft was fitted up as a place of worship. A school in Park Wynd, afterwards mission premises, was conveyed to the congregation by former trustees, in 1844. In 1860 a manse at Whitcley's Nethergate was presented to the congregation. The church and manse were sold in 1881. Another manse was purchased on Windsor Street in 1883; and a new church was erected on Perth Road in 1884.


  • 1848, 850
  • 1900, 891


  • Annals of the Free Church of Scotland, 1843–1900, ed. Rev. William Ewing, D.D., 2 vols. pub. 1914. Film #918572. More details may be given in the source.

Records & FHL Film Number

  • Baptisms 1854–1886 - 0889477 item 6