St. John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana Genealogy
|St. John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 31, 1807|
|Address|| 393 Highway 18 (River Road)|
P.O. Box 280
Edgard, Louisiana 70049
- 1 History
- 2 Places / Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Websites
- 6 References
1807--St. John the Baptist Parish was created 31 March 1807 from German Coast County, Discontinued 31 Mar. 1807.
Parish seat: La Place 
See an interactive map of St. John the Baptist Parish boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
|St. John the Baptist Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Family History Library Catalog
- St. John the Baptist Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- History of St. John Parish
- German-Acadian Coast Historical and Genealogical Society
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- United States Census Bureau. "St. John the Baptist Parish Quickfacts". http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/22/22095.html. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2007-06-12.