St. Johns Berkeley Parish, South Carolina
- South Carolina Archives Summary Guide: St. John's, Berkeley, Parish, available online, courtesy: South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- Weems, Mason Locke and Peter Horry. The Life of General Francis Marion, a Celebrated Partisan Officer, in the Revolutionary War, Against the British and Tories in South Carolina and Georgia. Philadelphia, Pa.: Joseph Allen, 1852. Digital version at Google Books. [Gen. Marion was born in 1732 in St. John's Parish, S.C.]
For a history of the parish, see Chapter 6, St. John's Parish, Berkley, pages 264-274, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
St. John's, Berkeley, has a rich archive of early records, including a list of members, accounts, minutes and fragmentary records of minutes, list of ministers, list of officers, pew holders, pew plans. Copies: FHL 22742 Items 7-8, 22743 Item 1, 22659 Item 2
- Biggin Church, The Historical Marker Database. Includes photographs of the ruin and history.
- Site of Huguenot Church of Saint John's Berkeley, The Historical Marker Database
- Site of Huguenot Church of Saint John's Berkeley, The Historical Marker Database, accessed 17 February 2011.