St. Johns Colleton Parish, South Carolina
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- An island, borders St. Andrew's, St. Bartholomew's, and St. Paul's parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina.
For an early history of the parish, see Chapter 20, St. John's Parish, Colleton, pages 360-365, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
- "Colleton County, South Carolina," Wikipedia, accessed 17 February 2011.
- "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.