St. Johns Parish, Virginia
Church services are no longer held at the old building, which has been renovated, but it is available for hire for special events.
Church services are held in the new building.
"An Act for dividing St. John's Parish, in the County of King-William" (1720) culled from Colonial Office sources at the National Archives in London, is published in:
- Chamberlayne, Churchill G. "Seven Parish Acts Heretofore Unpublished," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 18, No. 1 (Jan. 1938):106-118. FHL Book 973 H25w; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- St. John's Episcopal Church (official website)
- Historic St. John's Church. Includes photographs and history of the old building.
- St. John's Church, The Historical Marker Database. Includes photographs and brief history.
- Historic St. John's Church, accessed 26 February 2011.
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).