St. Lukes Parish, South Carolina
St. Luke's Parish has served historic Granville County, South Carolina.
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders Prince William, St. Matthew's, and St. Peter's parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina.
For an early history of the parish, see Chapter 25, St. Luke's Parish, pages 387-388, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
- Elliott, James H. In Memoriam. Tributes to the Memory of the Rev. C.P. Gadsden, Late Rector of St. Luke's Church, Charleston, S.C. Charleston, S.C.: Fogartie's Book Depository, 1872. Digital version at Google Books.
- "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.