St. Margarets Parish, Virginia
- "Located at Ruther Glen, Virginia. St. Margaret's Parish, established in 1720, was one of the three original parishes of Caroline County and encompassed the area lying between the Mattapony and the North Anna-Pamunkey boundaries. In the beginning, St. Margaret's Parish extended beyond Caroline into King William and Spotsylvania counties, but in 1742 the General Assembly placed the lands outside Caroline County in other parishes. Since that time all of St. Margaret's Parish has been in Caroline County.
- "There were three large brick churches in this parish: Chesterfield, Bull Church and Reedy Church. When the old churches were destroyed, an unpretentious frame clapboard building was erected near Ruther Glen to take their place. In 1866, the members of the Episcopal Church in Bowling Green transferred their membership to this church."
Mangohick Church served parishioners as a chapel of ease in the eighteenth century. William Byrd referred to Mangohick as the New Brick Church in 1732 (it was built about 1730). It is currently a Baptist church.
Colonial parish registers do not survive.
- Mangohick Church, The Historical Marker Database
- Mangohick Church, Colonial Churches blog, 13 May 2007
- Herbert Ridgeway Collins, Cemeteries of Caroline County, Virginia. Volume 1 - Public Cemeteries (Westminster, Md.: Family Line Publications, 1994), 136.
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).