St. Margarets Parish, Virginia
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:36, 26 February 2011 by Murphynw (image)
Mangohick Church served parishioners as a chapel of ease in the eighteenth century. William Byrd referred to Mangohick as the New Brick Church in 1732 (it was built about 1730). It is currently a Baptist church.
- Mangohick Church, The Historical Marker Database
- Mangohick Church, Colonial Churches blog, 13 May 2007
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).