St. Margarets Parish, Virginia

From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:39, 24 September 2011 by Murphynw (talk | contribs) (Colonial parish registers do not survive.)

Jump to: navigation, search

United States  Gotoarrow.png  Virginia  Gotoarrow.png  St. Margaret's Parish

Mangohickchurch.jpg

History

St. Margaret's Parish has served King William and Caroline counties.

Mangohick Church served parishioners as a chapel of ease in the eighteenth century. William Byrd referred to Mangohick as the New Brick Church in 1732 (it was built about 1730). It is currently a Baptist church.

Founded

Boundary

Resources

Parish History

Parish Records

Colonial parish registers do not survive.

Websites

References

  1. Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).