St. Marks Parish, South Carolina
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders Prince Frederick, St. David's, St. Matthew's, and St. Stephen's parishes. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina. An overlay of districts is available at Carolana.com.
Select graves from St. Mark's Parish Church Cemetery are described at Find A Grave.
The tombstones at Richardson Cemetery, a private burial ground within the parish, have been transcribed:
- "Tombstone Inscriptions, Richardson Cemetery: Located in Old St. Mark's Parish; Four Miles Southeast of Remini, Clarendon County, S.C.," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 28, No. 1 (Jan. 1927):55-68. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Burgess, James M. Chronicles of St. Mark's Parish, Santee Circuit, and Williamsburg Township, South Carolina. Columbia, S.C.: Charles A. Calvo, Jr., Printer, 1888. Digital version at Google Books; FHL Film 908980 Item 9
For an early history of the parish, see Chapter 13, St. Mark's Parish, pages 323-325, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
- St. Mark's Episcopal Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.