St. Marys Whitechapel Parish, Virginia
St. Mary's Whitechapel Parish has served Lancaster County, Virginia for three centuries. In 1752, the parish was officially united with Christ Church Parish, but the church building is still in use today.
Some authorities split the word "Whitechapel" into two words: "White Chapel."
- bef 1669
- Woolverton, John F. "Address Commemorating The 300th Anniversary of St. Mary's White Chapel, Lancaster County, Virginia," Northern Neck of Virginia Historical Magazine, Vol. 19 (1969). Available at Virginia Historical Society.
- Nicholson, Charles A. "St. Mary's White Chapel, Lancaster County, Virginia," Genealogical Society of Tidewater Virginia. Its Bulletina, Vol. 9 (1978):181-189. Available at Virginia Historical Society.
Colonial parish registers do not survive.
- Tupper, Margaret H. Vestry Book, 1739-1786: Christ Church Parish, Lancaster County, Virginia. Online bookstore. Includes St. Mary's White Chapel Parish records.
- St. Mary's Whitechapel Episcopal Church (official website)
- St. Mary's Whitechapel Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- St. Mary's White Chapel, The Historical Marker Database
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 195-199.