St. Michael's Parish, Dublin Genealogy
St. Michael's parish was created a prebend with cure of souls in Christ Church cathedral, in 1554, by Archbishop Browne: it contains 2288 inhabitants, and 112 houses valued at £5 and upwards, the total annual value being £3670. The rectory or prebend is in the gift of the Dean and Chapter of Christ-Church; the minister's money amounts to £50. 5. 11., and the gross income is £250. S. The church stands at the corner of Michael's-hill and High-street, and is a small building in the pointed style of architecture. For more information, go to www.libraryireland.com.