St. Stephens Parish, South Carolina
St. Stephen's Parish has served Berkeley County.
- South Carolina Archives Summary Guide: St. Stephen's Parish, available online, courtesy: South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
For an early history of the parish, see Chapter 15, St. Stephen's Parish, pages 328-331, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
St. Stephen's Parish has a rich archive of early records including oaths, minutes, accounts, receipts, expenditures, baptisms, burials, communicants, confirmations, families, historic facts, marriages, offerings and fees. In the 1950s, they were held at the Bishop's office, St. Philip's Church, Charleston. Copies: 22744 Items 1, 4, 8, and 9
The parish registers have been abstracted:
- Misenhelter, Jane Searles. St. Stephen's Episcopal Church, St. Stephen, S.C. Including Church of the Epiphany, Upper St. John's Berkeley, and Chapel of Ease, Pineville, S.C. Columbia, S.C.: State Printing, 1977. FHL Book 975.793 K21m
- St. Stephen's Episcopal Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database. Includes photographs and history.