St Columb Minor
Guide to St Columb Minor, Cornwall family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|St Columb Minor|
|Poor Law Union||St Columb Major|
|Registration District||St Columb|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1676|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
COLUMB, ST., MINOR (St. Columb), aparish, in the union of St. Columb Major, hundred of Pyder, E. division of Cornwall, 5¼ miles (W. by S.) from St. Columb Major. There are places of worship for Wesleyans and Baptists. 
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
St Columb Minor parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|St Columb Minor Parish Online Records|
|FS PRs||1560-1803, 1813-1901||1560-1907||1560-1901|
Overview, Include information for parish registers and Bishop's Transcripts, Contact information for the office holding the original records, Links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection.
Images of parish registers are available online in historic records (formerly Record Search) Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P 37
Images are also available for the St Columb Wesleyan Methodist Circuit
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241271.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to [county] Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- 1851 Jurisdiction Maps
- Vision of Britain
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 668-672. 15 March 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 November 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.