Difference between revisions of "St Ethelburga, London Genealogy"

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with 'Returned to the London Parishes St D-H page. St Ethelburga, the church of, is situated on the eastern side of Bishopsgate Street, near to the corner of Little St. Helens.&nb…')
 
Line 1: Line 1:
Returned to the [[London Parishes St D-H]] page.
+
Return to the [[London Parishes St D-H]] page.  
  
St Ethelburga, the church of, is situated on the eastern side of Bishopsgate Street, near to the corner of Little St. Helens.  It derives its name from being dedicated to the memory of the first Christian princes of the Anglo-Saxon race, the daughter of Ethelbert, king of can't, embracing the Christian religion became the patron on St. Augustin, the English apostle.  As church escaped the ravages of the great fire, in 1666, and is an irregular building in the ancient English style.  The advowson of his church, which is a rectory, was in the prioress and nuns on St. Helen, tumor suppression of the religious houses in 1539.  It then came to the crown, and was granted by Queen Elizabeth to the Bishop of London and his successors, with whom it still continues.  It is in the city in the archdeacon read of London.
+
St Ethelburga, the church of, is situated on the eastern side of Bishopsgate Street, near to the corner of Little St. Helens.  It derives its name from being dedicated to the memory of the first Christian princes of the Anglo-Saxon race, the daughter of Ethelbert, king of can't, embracing the Christian religion became the patron on St. Augustin, the English apostle.  As church escaped the ravages of the great fire, in 1666, and is an irregular building in the ancient English style.  The advowson of his church, which is a rectory, was in the prioress and nuns on St. Helen, tumor suppression of the religious houses in 1539.  It then came to the crown, and was granted by Queen Elizabeth to the Bishop of London and his successors, with whom it still continues.  It is in the city in the archdeacon read of London.  
  
 
[Adapted from: Topographical Dictionary of London by James Elmes; published 1831]
 
[Adapted from: Topographical Dictionary of London by James Elmes; published 1831]

Revision as of 23:44, 3 March 2010

Return to the London Parishes St D-H page.

St Ethelburga, the church of, is situated on the eastern side of Bishopsgate Street, near to the corner of Little St. Helens.  It derives its name from being dedicated to the memory of the first Christian princes of the Anglo-Saxon race, the daughter of Ethelbert, king of can't, embracing the Christian religion became the patron on St. Augustin, the English apostle.  As church escaped the ravages of the great fire, in 1666, and is an irregular building in the ancient English style.  The advowson of his church, which is a rectory, was in the prioress and nuns on St. Helen, tumor suppression of the religious houses in 1539.  It then came to the crown, and was granted by Queen Elizabeth to the Bishop of London and his successors, with whom it still continues.  It is in the city in the archdeacon read of London.

[Adapted from: Topographical Dictionary of London by James Elmes; published 1831]