St Stephen Coleman Street, London Genealogy
"St Stephen Coleman Street, the church of, is situated near the south end of the west side of this street, and derives its name and addition..."
- 1541 London Subsidy Roll, Coleman Street Ward - Seinct Stevins Parishe, courtesy: British History Online
- 1582 London Subsidy Roll, Coleman Street Ward - St Stephens Paroche in Coalemanstreete, courtesy: British History Online
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish.
Before 1858, St Stephen Coleman Street, London Genealogy fell under the jurisdiction of the Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London.
Go to London Probate Records to find the names of the courts having secondary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
From 1858 to the present, refer to the Principal Probate Registry.
- London Family History Centre Catalogue (St Stephen Coleman Street Parish records)
- Society of Genealogists Library Catalogue (to narrow results, conduct a subject search for 'London St Stephen Coleman Street')
- James Elmes, M.R. I. A., Architect, A Topographical Dictionary of London and its Envirions (London: Whittaker, Treacher and Arnot, 1831). Adapted. Digital version: Google Books.