Stanton County, Nebraska Genealogy
Stanton County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Stanton County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1855|
|Address|| Stanton County Courthouse|
804 Ivy Street
P.O. Box 347
Stanton, Nebraska 68779
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Stanton County Courthouse
804 Ivy Street; PO Box 347;
Stanton, NE 68779
County Clerk has marriage records from 1869,
land records from 1868, naturalization and military records.
County Court has probate records.
Clerk District Court has divorce and court records from 1875. 
1855--Stanton County was created 6 March 1855 from unorganized territory. County seat: Stanton 
For tips on accessing Stanton County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Stanton County, Nebraska page 434, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).