Starke County, Indiana Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Starke County Courthouse
PO Box 395
Knox, IN 46534
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1850.
County Autitor has land records from 1850.
County Health Department has birth and death records. 
For tips on accessing Starke County, Indiana Genealogy census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Starke County (1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Mortality Schedule for Starke County (1860) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Veterans in Starke County, Indiana (1913) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Civil War service men from Vermillion County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Vermillion County.
- 5th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry (90th Regiment, Indiana Volunteers), Company C
- Directory of Teachers for Starke County (1936) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Starke County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Starke County, Indiana 216 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.