Starke County, Indiana Genealogy
Guide to Starke County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Starke County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 7, 1835|
|Address|| Starke County Courthouse|
PO Box 395
Knox, IN 46534
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Starke County, Indiana Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biographies
- 2.3 Business Records
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census Records
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Directories
- 2.9 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.10 Ethnic and Religious Groups
- 2.11 Gazetteers
- 2.12 Genealogies
- 2.13 History
- 2.14 Land and Property
- 2.15 Maps
- 2.16 Migration
- 2.17 Military Records
- 2.18 Newspapers
- 2.19 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.20 Obituaries
- 2.21 Occupations
- 2.22 Periodicals
- 2.23 Probate Records
- 2.24 Public Records
- 2.25 Repositories
- 2.26 School Records
- 2.27 Taxation
- 2.28 Vital Records
- 2.29 Voting Registration
- 3 Starke County, Indiana Web Sites
- 4 References
Starke County, Indiana Resources
For tips on accessing Starke County, Indiana Genealogy census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Starke County (1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Mortality Schedule for Starke County (1860) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
St. Johannes Evangelical Lutheran Church, Knox
- 1887-1948 - St. Johannes Evangelical Lutheran Church, Knox, Baptism Index 1887-1948 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free. Batch C728181.
- 1887-1948 - St. Johannes Evangelical Lutheran Church, Knox, Marriage Index 1887-1948 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free. Batch M728181.
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and Religious Groups
Land and Property
War of 1812
- Veterans in Starke County, Indiana (1913) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Civil War service men from Vermillion County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Vermillion County.
- 5th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry (90th Regiment, Indiana Volunteers), Company C
World War I
World War II`
Naturalization and Citizenship
Starke County Courthouse
PO Box 395
Knox, IN 46534
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1850.
County Autitor has land records from 1850.
County Health Department has birth and death records. 
Family History Centers
- Directory of Teachers for Starke County (1936) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Indiana State Digital Archives for Death, E-Publication, Institution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992-FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959-FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920-FamilySearch
Starke County, Indiana Web Sites
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Starke County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/8/8d/Igiindianah.pdf.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Starke County, Indiana 216 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.