Stephens County, Oklahoma Genealogy
Stephens County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1907--Stephens County was created 16 July 1907 from Comanche and Chickasaw Lands.
County seat: Duncan 
LDS Cemetery Records
Vol. 21 page 173 - Eschiti Cemetery
For tips on accessing Stephens County, Oklahoma Genealogy census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Lawton newspapers that may have included Stephens County residents. This database is free at some libraries.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Stephens County OK GenWeb Project, a member of The OKGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Stephens County, Oklahoma. Page 562 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).