Difference between revisions of "Stephens County, Texas Genealogy"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States|United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas|Texas]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] [[Texas Counties S|Counties S]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png|go to]] Stephens County'' <br>
|Line 95:||Line 97:|
Revision as of 20:09, 15 March 2013
Guide to Stephens County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Stephens County Courthouse
200 West Walker
Breckenridge, Texas 76424
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1903,
marriage records from 1876, probate records from 1886
and land records from 1858; District Clerk has divorce
and court records
The first white settler arrived in 1857.
Places / Localities
Cemeteries from the Stephens County TXGenWeb site.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site
Newspapers from the Stephens County TXGenWeb site.
Obits from the Stephens County TXGenWeb site.
- Marriagesfrom the Stephens County TXGenWeb site.
- Death Certificates from the Stephens County TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Stephens County, Texas. Page 674 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).