Stoddard County, Missouri Genealogy
Guide to Stoddard County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Stoddard County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 2, 1835|
|Address|| Stoddard County Courthouse|
PO Box 110;
Bloomfield, MO 63825
Stoddard County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Clerk Clerk has birth records 1883-1886
and military records; Recorder has Deeds has marriage
and land records; Clerk Circuit Court has divorce Records;
Probate Judge has probate records; Clerk Magistrate Court
has court records
See an interactive map of Stoddard County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs has burial records for the Missouri Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo and other Veterans Affairs National Cemeteries around the country.
For tips on accessing Stoddard County, Missouri Genealogy census records online, see: Missouri Census.
- Interactive map of Stoddard County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Stoddard County.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Stoddard County, Missouri. Page 406 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).