Stonewall County, Texas Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1876--Stonewall County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District. County seat: Aspermont 
STONEWALL COUNTY COURTHOUSE BURNS
Loss of Four to Five Thousand Dollars None of Which is Covered by Insurance.
Special to the Star - Telegram.
ASPERMONT, Tex., Aug. 9. - Stonewall county courthouse, a two-story frame structure, burned this morning at 2 o'clock, entailling a loss of $4,000 to $5,000 to the county. All records of the county judge, sheriff and tax collector, and most of the surveyor's records were burned. No insurance was carried on the building or contents. The origin of the fire is unknown, but is supposed to have caught from the upper story, where the commissioners' court had been in session the previous day.
The Fort Worth Star - Telegram, Fort Worth, TX, 9 Aug 1910
Places / Localities
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).