Suffolk County, Virginia Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:42, 4 December 2011 by JamesAnderson
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Holly Lawn Cemetery, Suffolk BillionGraves
Early migration routes to and from Suffolk County for European settlers included:
- Norfleet, Fillmore. Bible Records of Suffolk and Nansemond County, Virginia: Together with Other Statistical Data. Baltimore, MD: Reprinted for Clearfield Co. by Genealogical Pub. Co., 1996, 2001. Available at FHL. Digital version at Ancestry ($) andWorld Vital Records ($).
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 847-61. (FHL Book 973 D27e 2002) WorldCat entry., and William E. Myer, Indian Trails of the Southeast. (Nashville, Tenn.: Blue and Gray Press, 1971), 12-14, and the book's pocket map "The Trail System of the Southeastern United States in the early Colonial Period" (1923). (FHL Book 970.1 M992i) WorldCat entry.