Sweden, Kristianstad Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Sweden, Kristianstad Church Records, 1585-1910; index 1646-1860 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Records
- 2 Record Description
- 3 How to Use the Records
- 4 Related Websites
- 5 Related Wiki Articles
- 6 Contributions to This Article
- 7 Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
Title in the Language of the Records
Sverige, Kristianstad, Lutherske Kyrkoböcker Register
The collection consists of church records from the county of Kristianstad. It contains indexes to births, marriages, and deaths along with images of:
- Clerical surveys
- Registers of birth, marriage, and death
- Mmove-in and move-out lists
- Church accounts
The records are handwritten in narrative style.
For a list of records by parishes published in this collection, select the Browse.
Citation for This Collection
The following citation refers to the original source of the data and images published on FamilySearch.org Historical Records. It may include the author, custodian, publisher and archive for the original records.
- Church parishes. Sweden, Kristianstad Church Records. National Archives of Sweden, Marieberg, Stockholm.
The key genealogical facts found in most Lutheran birth or christening or birth (Födde) records are:
- Child’s name
- Christening date
- Sometimes the birth date
- Parents’ names
- Parents’ marital status
- Parents’ residence
- Fathers’ occupation
- Sometimes the mother’s age
- Witnesses and their residences
The key genealogical facts found in most Lutheran marriage (Vigde) records are:
- Groom’s name
- Depending on the time period, the groom’s marital status, residence, and age
- Bride’s name
- Depending on the time period, the bride’s marital status, residence, and age
- Witnesses and their residences
The key genealogical facts found in most Lutheran death or burial (Döde) records are:
- Name of the deceased
- Death date
- Burial date
- Marital status and sometimes the spouse’s name
- Sometimes other biographical notes
The key genealogical facts found in most Lutheran moving records (Inflyttnings and Utflyttnings) are:
- Name of person moving
- Former residence
- New residence
- Sometimes marital status
The key genealogical facts found in most Lutheran clerical surveys (Husförhörslängd) are:
- Name of each member of the household
- Birth dates
- Deaths within the year
- Marriages within the year
- Moves within the year (including where they moved to or from)
- Marital status
The key genealogical facts found in most Lutheran church account registers (räkenskaper) are:
- Residence within the parish
- Amount paid
- May give reason for payment
How to Use the Records
To search the collection, select "Browse through images" on the initial collection page ⇒ Select the Socken ⇒ Select the Signum ⇒ Select the Volum och år which takes you to the images.
Look at the images one by one comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For detailed information on using Swedish church records, see the wiki article: Swedish Church Records
Choosing a Record to Search
The types of record books that are available are different for each parish. The following chart lists the types of records and the English translation.
|Död- och begravningsböcker||Death and burial book|
|Inflyttningsattester||Moving in records|
|In och utflyttiningslängder||Moving in and out record|
|Utflyttiningslängder||Moving out record|
|Födelse och dopböcker||Birth and baptism or christening book|
|Födelse- och dopböcker Duplettserie||Birth and baptism or christening book double or second series|
|Församling||Parish or congregation|
|Husförhörslängd||Household examination record; also called clerical survey|
|kladdböcker||Draft copy of the church book|
|Lysning and vigselböcker||Banns and marriage book|
|Längder över nattvardsgäster (kommunionlängder)||Communion book|
|Räkenskaper för kyrka||Records of accounts for the church|
|Volum och år||Volume and year|
Help with the Language
These records are in Swedish so you will need to be able to understand written Swedish. For help with reading the records, please see the following wiki articles:
- Genealogy Research in Sweden
- Genline : Swedish Genealogy Online
- Arkiv Digital: Swedish Church Records Online (in color)
Related Wiki Articles
Contributions to This Article
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing FamilySearch Historical Collections
When you copy information from a record, you should list where you found the information. This will help you or others to find the record again. It is also good to keep track of records where you did not find information, including the names of the people you looked for in the records.
Citation Example for a Record Found in This Collection
- "Sweden, Kristianstad Church records, 1595-1910; index 1646-1860," digital images, FamilySearch (https:/.familysearch.org: accessed March 27, 2012), > Ausas forsamling > C Fodelse- och dopbocker > 3, 1757-1805 > Image 123 of 203 images. Entry of Anders born October 30 1789; citing Kyrkobocker, 1646-1901, Svenska Kyrkan. ausas socken Fodde 1646-1862 FHL INTL Film 141182 items 1-4. Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
A suggested format for keeping track of records that you have searched is found in the wiki article Help:How to Cite FamilySearch Collections.