Take Part in Wiki Care
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:04, 16 November 2012 by Averyld (moved User:Averyld/Sandbox5 to Take part in Wiki care: move out of sandbox)
Love the wiki? Help make it better
There are several opportunities to help, listed on the Wiki Care and Support page.
- Maintaining the Help Content insures that the Help content is a valuable asset to anyone who uses the Wiki.
- Maintenance and Patrolling is necessary to keep links working correctly, ascertain whether articles are in the Scope of the Wiki, make sure that questions get answered on the Discussion pages, etc.
- Perhaps, you would prefer to work with people. Help others learn to use and contribute to the wiki by joining the Wiki Contributor Support Committee.
- The Wiki Welcoming Committee might be your niche. Volunteers are always needed to help newcomers feel welcome and give them some helpful beginning information.
- Help Categorize articles in the appropriate areas
Learn more about the above opportunities
- Wiki Support meetings - they are a great way to communicate with others and get a better understanding of what's needed, and how to help.
- Mentoring - sign up to get one-on-one assistance.
Group Communication and Actions
- We have Forums that help us work with each other. The link below is to the three forums that are specifically for the Wiki. By reading the posts and posting our own ideas and questions we can help ourselves and others understand the goals and work on the Wiki.
We also can communicate with each other in several other ways, both on the discussion pages for each article and page, and on the User discussion pages.
- We can discuss each of the pages and items on these pages by putting our comments on the discussion page connected to each page.
- We can also talk to each of the registered Users in the Wiki.