Talgarth, Breconshire Genealogy
TALGARTH, a parish in the hundred of the same name, county Brecon, 7 miles S.W, of Hay, its post town, and 9 from Brecon. It has stations on the Mid Wales and Brecon and Merthyr railways. It is situated on the river Llyffin, under Pen-cader-fawr, among the Black mountains, and near the river Ennig. Talgarth is a borough by prescription, but without privilege or municipal jurisdiction. The parish includes Forest, Grwyne, Pwll-y-wrach, and Trefeccan. For more information see Talgarth, Breconshire at Genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464301.