Talk:Genealogy Help on Facebook
|WikiProject Social Media||(Rated A-Class, Top-importance)|
Where would you like to see a research community group started?
- Surname-based research communities. I would be willing to be the moderator for the Culbert surname.Jhculbert
- South America (the missing countries)
- San Bernardo, Chile
- Philadelphia, PA.
- Eu adoraria ver um grupo de investigação iniciados para o Brasil!!Obrigada.
- Germany, Austria and East Prussia email@example.com
- southeastern Pennsylvania firstname.lastname@example.org
- It should be broken down by county, much like GenWeb. I would think there are many small Genealogy Groups who would help with State and County research. Cat1minder
- Falta España-Europa y toda Latinoamérica también ! (Marinalopezmartinez) (Arturo Cuellar Gonzalez)
- Would like to see a Quebec research page, I currently admin Quebec-research @ Rootsweb.com and several other Facebook,rootsweb,ancestry,yahoogroups pages....Formally admined a Long Island,NY branch fhc...
- Dutch/Jewish research group
- Perhaps some of the largest cities in the USA could have their own groups to cover their metropolitan areas -- Chicago, for instance.
- Eastern France (On Swiss boarder)
- Nova Scotia
- I am trying to do research for Ecuador. Any Suggestions would be great.
- Ontario, Canada. I'd be willing to be an admin. Debdunn
- former Russian Empire / ex USSR - from Koenigsberg and Kiev to Vladivostok Harbin and Shanghai. I have time and energy to run the group email@example.com Rusgenproject 21:25, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
- São Paulo, Brazil.
- Andaluzia, Spain.
- Salerno, Italy.
- Cornwall, United Kingdom --- it is not Enlgand.
- Philippines. ---
- Philippines, namely Camarines Sur province MTSLO
- Germans from Volhynia (formerly part of Poland & Russia - Now Ukraine)
We need your help to create additional groups!
- If you would like to see a community created for a specific area you are researching, consider being an admin for that location. We are looking for multiple admins for each area, so you don't have to do it alone! The admin responsibilities revolve around three areas:
- Interacting with those who post on the page by commenting and answering questions posted, encouraging others to answer questions, and showing gratitude for resources shared
- Sharing news and information about how to do genealogy research in this area, information about genealogy events, and great resources available for this area.
- Partnering with local organizations such as libraries, archives, and societies, to invite them to share their news and events on the page
- See the Facebook and Skype Community Administrators page for more details and instructions on how to request to become an admin.
List of Facebook Communities
The list of localities that have a Facebook Community page should be organized the same way they are organized on the Forums. If you have any questions, please let me know. JensenFA 23:45, 26 January 2012 (UTC)
Facebook Blocked in Some Family History Centers
Some time ago I switched all the links on the page here to start with https instead of http. I just noticed that they are not that way anymore. The reason why I made them https links is because those are not blocked by most centers while the http links are blocked. There are pros and cons to both, but I thought it was worth a topic on this talk page so people would at least be aware.--McCormickMW 14:51, 3 April 2012 (UTC)
Proposal to rename page - Research Communities on Facebook
I propose that this article is renamed to become Research Communities on Facebook. --Steve 12:46, 2 May 2012 (UTC)