Talk:Scotland Births and Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records)
I deleted the image of the Wallace Monument which I felt added no value to the page and took up too much space. Others may feel differently.
I find part of this description misleading. To my knowledge the Historical Records collections do NOT include info submitted by individuals researching their own ancestry. The sample source citations do not seem helpful in relation to this database. I feel this description needs more editing than I am willing to do or should do. This may also apply to the description for the Scotland Marriages database which I haven't read. BakerBH 23:17, 28 December 2011 (UTC)
- The two collections you referred to
- Scotland Births and Baptisms
- Scotland Marriages
- consist primarily of IGI entries. They may also include some on-line indexing projects. However, when we identify included indexing projects, those projects are removed and posted as their own collection. TimothyNB
It appears that much of the information on the site comes from a pre drawn template that is on most of the wiki articles relating to 'FamilySearch Historical Rcords' If I were you I would edit it now or I will soon Donjgen 21:56, 3 January 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for your interest in improving the FamilySearch Wiki articles.
- The articles linked to FamilySearch Historical Collections do use the same format or template by design. The information within the sections of the template varies according to the collection.
- The article you referred to, Scotland Births and Baptisms (FamilySearch Historical Records), as well as approximately 10 percent of the other FamilySearch Historical Records articles form a group that is slightly different from the other FamilySearch Historical Records articles. These articles are linked to collections that were formerly called Vital Records Index Collections.
- This group of articles not only have the same template, but also have the same content or very similar content because the collections they link to all come from
- The IGI - these are names submitted to the LDS Church by private researchers. The names are obtained through their research efforts or those of their family and contacts.
- Controlled extraction projects done by the LDS Church.
- These collections have titles which include the locality and one of the following terms as relevant to that particular locality:
- Births and Baptisms
- Deaths and Burals
- You are welcome to edit anything you would like. That's one of the advantages of the Wiki. Please remember that all contributions to FamilySearch Wiki can be edited, altered, or removed by other contributors.