Talladega County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Talladega County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 18, 1832|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Talladega County Courthouse
Court House Square
Talladega, AL 35160
Phone: (256) 761-2102
Probate Court has marriage, probate and land from 1833
Military Discharge Records from 1930
Chancery Court has divorce records 1888-1892 
1832--Talladega County was created 18 December 1832 from the Creek Cession of 1832.
County seat: Talladega 
- Baptist Hill Cemetery
- Bethel Cemetery
- Blackwater Cemetery
- Booneville Church Cemetery
- Bowman Cemetery
- Bradley Church Cemetery
- Brantley Cemetery
- Brown Cemetery
- Calvary Cemetery
- Canoe Cemetery
- Catawba Springs Cemetery
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- 1881-1930 - Alabama, Births and Christenings, 1881-1930 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1816-1957 - Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection. Incomplete.
- 1881-1952 - Alabama, Deaths and Burials, 1881-1952 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1908-1974 - Alabama, Deaths, 1908-1974 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Talladega Alabama Family History Center
- Tallagega, Alabama
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- USGenWeb Archives Project ~ contains record transcriptions from Bibles, obituaries, court records and more.
- Talladega County ALGenWeb ~ record transcriptions and information pertinent to the county.
- Talladega County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Talladega County p. 39. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).