Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana Genealogy
Guide to Tangipahoa Parish Louisiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1869|
|Address|| 100 N Bay St. |
Amite, LA 70422
- 1 Parish Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
- 1869--Tangipahoa Parish was created 6 March 1869 from Livingston, St. Tammany, St. Helena, and Washington Parishes.
Parish seat: Amite 
See an interactive map of Tangipahoa Parish boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Amite County, Mississippi
- Pike County, Mississippi
- St. Helena
- St. John the Baptist
- St. Tammany
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
- St. Dominic's Catholic Church Cemetery BillionGraves. On Hwy 445, rural Tangipahoa Parish.
|Tangipahoa Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- Family Maps of Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Family History Library Catalog
- Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana p 293 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002). Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Handybook" defined multiple times with different content
- United States Census Bureau. "Tangipahoa Parish Quickfacts". http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/22/22105.html. Retrieved 2008-02-02. . Hurricane Katrina,which in 2005 wreaked severe damage east and south of Tangipahoa Parish, caused a surge in immigration from the Greater New Orleans area.
- United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.