Tehama County, California Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
Archives and Libraries
Red Bluff Cemetery District
735 Cemetery Lane, Red Bluff, California
7772 Woodlawn Ave.
Corning Cemetery District
4470 Oren Ave.
3900 County Road P.
Church History and Records
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Land and Property
Early migration routes to and from Tehama County, California Genealogy for emigrant settlers included:
- California Trail 1846 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- The Lassen Cutoff 1848 was established by gold rushers from Oregon going to California. It branched off the Applegate Trail at Davis Creek, went through Devil's Garden to the Pit River passing east of Mt. Lassen, and turning west to Lassen Rancho, California, and from there to Sacramento. In some years as much as 1/3 of emigrants mistakenly took the Applegate Trail-Lassen Cutoff, a much longer and more difficult trail than the Truckee or Carson routes.
- Nobles Road 1851 from the Applegate Trail at Rabbithole Springs in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada to Shasta City, California
Military History and Records
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Corning California Family History Center
- Red Bluff California Family History Center
- Tehama County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "California Trail" (map) in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/upload/CALImap1-web.pdf (accessed 2 August 2011).