| This is a documentation subpage for Template:FamilySearch Collection (see that page for the template itself).
It contains usage information, categories and other content that is not part of the original template page.
This template can be used to add a header to articles about collections available for search from the FamilySearch Record Search – Pilot Site. Using the template it is possible to add a link in the wiki inviting users to search the records described in the article.
Once Record Search comes out of pilot, articles that have used this template will be updated with a single edit to this template.
- The reference for the collection optional.
- The text to be displayed in the link. optional
- NOTE: If either of the parameters, CID or title are omitted the URL for the site will be displayed.
- The country or region to which the records relate. Used to add the category location FamilySearch Record Collections. If omitted the article will be added to Category:FamilySearch Record Collections.
- NOTE: The auto-categorization of the article can be suppressed by adding category= as an additional parameter.
- Define this parameter (schedule=) when the collection is not yet available but is scheduled to be so in the future.