Template:Soldier Homes N-R
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 06:33, 30 January 2013 by Cottrells (Text replace - "usgwarchives.org" to "usgwarchives.net")
|NE Burkett (Grand Island)||Nebraska Soldiers and Sailors Home||1888-now||cemetery v. 2||cemetary, image, images, website|
|NE Milford||Soldiers' and Sailors' Home||1895-1939||Not at FHL||history, history|
|NH Tilton||New Hampshire Soldiers’ Home||1890-now||Not at FHL||website, image|
|NJ Kearny||Home for Disabled Soldiers||1888-1932||Not at FHL||history, history, history, book|
|NJ Menlo Park||Veterans Memorial Home||1932-now||Not at FHL||history|
|NJ Newark||Home for Disabled Soldiers||1866-1888||Not at FHL||history, book|
|NJ Vineland||NJ Memorial Home for Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and their Wives||1899-now||Not at FHL||history, cemetery, book|
|NY Bath||Bath Branch National Military Home a.k.a. New York State Soldiers and Sailors Home||1878-1934||registers, history||index, burials, NPS site, history, cemetery|||
|NY Oxford||State Woman’s Relief Corps Home a.k.a. State Veterans' Home||1897-now||Not at FHL||burials, history, website|
|NC Fayetteville||Confederate Woman's Home||1915-40s||Not at FHL||cemetery, history, history|
|NC Raleigh||North Carolina Soldiers’ Home a.k.a. Confederate Soldiers' Home||1890-1938||Not at FHL||history, history, history, image, cemetery, burials|||
|ND Lisbon||Soldiers’ Home||1893-now||Not at FHL||history, burials, website|
|OH Dayton||Central Branch National Military Home||1867-now||registers, records, inmates, probate docket||index, burials, history, images, burials, guide, NPS site, lesson, museum|||
|OH Sandusky||Ohio Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Home a.k.a. Ohio Veterans Home||1888-now||admissions, deaths, case histories, and discharges||history, image, image, images, burials, cemetery|
|OK Ardmore||Oklahoma Confederate Home a.k.a. Oklahoma Veterans Center||1911-1942||cemetery, veteran burials||cemetery, burials, website|| |
|OK Oklahoma City||Oklahoma Union Soldiers’ Home||1918-1937||index||pensions, burials, cemetery|||
|OR Roseburg||Oregon State Soldiers' Home a.k.a. Roseburg Branch National Military Home||1893-1933||registers, applications, index||index, photo, cemetery, burials, burials register index, index|||
|PA Erie||Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Home||1886-now||records||burials, image, image, image, website|
|PA Philadelphia||United States Naval Home||1834-1976||Not at FHL||burials, burials, burials, history, history, cemetery|
|RI Bristol||Rhode Island Soldiers’ Home||1891-now||Not at FHL||history, history, website|
- "Soldiers' and Sailors' Home, Grand Island, Neb.- Historical Notes" in Nebraska Memories at (accessed 8 January 2010).
- Nebraska State Historical Society, "Historical Milford" at http://www.nebraskahistory.org/publish/markers/texts/milford.htm (accessed 9 January 2020).
- Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States, Department of New Hampshire, "Veterans Helping Veterans Group at NH Home" at http://188.8.131.52/search?q=cache:grtS3eV43_8J:www.vfwwebcom.org/newhampshire/33400/Veterans%2BHelping%2BVetrans%2BGroup%2Bat%2BNH%2BVeterans%2BHome%2B.html+Tilton+soldiers+home&cd=14&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a (accessed 9 January 2010).
- Kearny High School "Home for Disabled Soldiers" in Kearny Photos: Landmarks [Internet site] at http://shorock.com/alumni/kearny/landmarks/soldiers.pdf (accessed 5 December 2009), and Deborah Fitts, "Kearny Veterans Home Statue Will Be Replaced" in Civil War News [Internet site] at http://www.civilwarnews.com/archive/articles/06/july/kearny_df.htm (accessed 5 December 2009).
- Deborah Fitts, "Kearny Veterans Home Statue Will Be Replaced" in Civil War News [Internet site] at http://www.civilwarnews.com/archive/articles/06/july/kearny_df.htm (accessed 5 December 2009).
- Frank John Urquhart, History of the City of Newark, New Jersey (New York: Lewis Historical Publ., 1913; digitized by Google Book, 2006), 2:719.
- State of New Jersey, Dept. of Military and Veterans Affairs, "New Jersey Veterans Memorial Homes" at http://www.state.nj.us/military/veterans/health.html (accessed 5 December 2009).
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- New York State Legislature, Documents of the Senate of the State of New York – One Hundred and Fortieth Session (Albany, N.Y.: J.B. Lyon Co., 1917; Digitized by Google Books), 133 (accessed 12 January 2010).
- "18. Confederate Women’s Home Historical Marker" in Fayetteville, N.C. Military Sites Tour Map at http://www.visitfayettevillenc.com/images/military/sites/Fayetteville_MilitarySites.pdf (accessed 13 January 2010). The ending date is estimated from an article discussing the use of the Home's chapel by others in 1945: Haymount United Methodist Church, "Church History" at http://www.haymountumc.com/HUMCHIistory.html (accessed 13 January 2010).
- North Carolina Archives, State Auditors Papers, Au-Com, "Wake County, NC - Raleigh's Old Soldiers' Home, 1890-1938" at http://files.usgwarchives.net/nc/wake/military/soldier1.txt (accessed 13 January 2010).
- Rosenburg, 216-17, says the North Carolina Div. of Archives and History, Raleigh, has Board of Incorporators minutes, building and maintenance expenses, drug and whiskey account, hospital record of patients, hospital register, inmate expenses, inmate record, inmate register, inmate roll book, ledger accounts paid, record of clothing issued, Superintendent's inmate behavior log, visitors' register, and warrants and weekly payroll.
- North Dakota Veterans Home, "History of the North Dakota Veterans Home" at http://www.nd.gov/ndvh/about/history.html (accessed 5 December 2009).
- "Ohio Soldiers' and Sailors' Home" in Ohio History Central: An Online encyclopedia of Ohio History at http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/entry.php?rec=2172 (accessed 18 January 2010).
- "Oklahoma Veterans Center, Ardmore, Oklahoma, Oklahoma Confederate Home, 1911-1942)" in CivilWarAlbum.com at http://www.civilwaralbum.com/indian/ardmore_vet1.htm (accessed 15 December 2009).
- "Oklahoma Confederate Home Material" is available at the Confederate Research Center, Harold B. Simpson Hill College History Complex, Hillsboro, Texas, as cited in "Confederate Research Center" at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mscivilw/csa_resc.html (accessed 15 December 2009).
- Ancestry.com "Military Records" in Oklahoma - Sources at http://www.ancestry.com/search/locality/dbpage.aspx?i=s&tp=2&p=39 (accessed 21 January 2010), says "The Oklahoma Historical Society has the records, although incomplete, of the Confederate Home located in Ardmore, Oklahoma."
- Doug Loudenback, "The Union Soldier's Home" in Doug Dawgz Blog at http://dougdawg.blogspot.com/2007/08/okc-street-map-history.html (accessed 15 December 2009), citing The Oklahoman's [newspaper?] archives.
- Robert L. Williams, "The Oklahoma Historical Society" in Chronicles of Oklahoma at http://digital.library.okstate.edu/Chronicles/v021/v021p060.pdf (accessed 15 December 2009), 61, says the Oklahoma Historical Society has "8,774 pages relating to the Union soldiers and their organizations from the old Union Soldiers' Home and also valuable Confederate records."
- United States, Dept. of Veterans Affairs, "Cemeteries - Roseburg National Cemetery" at http://www.cem.va.gov/CEMs/nchp/roseburg.asp (accessed 15 December 2009).
- Oregon State Archives "State Agency Record Series Descriptions - N-R Oregon Soldiers Home . . . at http://arcweb.sos.state.or.us/state/mil/series/list.htm#n (accessed 26 January 2010).
- Pennsylvania Dept. of Military and Veterans Affairs, "Pennsylvania Soldiers' and Sailors' Home" at http://www.milvet.state.pa.us/DMVA/480.htm (accessed 15 December 2009).
- "US History Encyclopedia: Soldiers' Home" in Answers.com at http://www.answers.com/topic/old-soldiers-home (accessed 4 January 2010), and Philadelphia Area Consortium of Special Collections Libraries (PACSCL), "Views of the U.S. Naval Asylum and Hospital, Philadelphia" in Philadelphia Area Consortium of Special Collections Libraries at http://archives.pacscl.org/shows/navalhome/index.html (accessed 4 January 2010).
- Rhode Island. Dept. of State, "Ohio Soldiers' and Sailors' Home" in Manual, with rules and orders, for the use of the General Assembly of the State of Rhode Island, 1912 (Providence, R.I.: E.L. Freeman, 1912; Digitized by Google Books), 278 at http://books.google.com/books?id=OMcGAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA278&lpg=PA278&dq=Rhode+Island+Soldiers'+Home&source=bl&ots=JH6He0Zofu&sig=UqZ_E4tDsHPzLanYBHUg7TZ9P4U&hl=en&ei=utNUS-jwHoiWtgefs4yoCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CBQQ6AEwBQ#v=onepage&q=Rhode%20Island%20Soldiers'%20Home&f=false (accessed 18 January 2010).