Template talk:British Census
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:36, 23 January 2012 by MannAE (added item 4)
Content improvement suggestion
Wonderful template which will be very useful. Few suggestions:
- I wonder if the opening sentence should mention 1841-1911, rather than just 1841-1891 (although later ones aren't available on film, beginners may not know the census is available through 1911 and that should probably be the first thing, shouldn't it?).
- I would like to see a link to a more descriptive Wiki article which gives more detail. For example, do all of these sites have info for all of the censuses? Do all have a searchable index? Do some have additional features that others don't, such as search by address or parish? What is different about them which might help a user know which is best for their needs? If such an article exists, link to it. If not, "someone" should create one.
- Add a general statement telling users whether they need to check just one, more than one, or all of the sites (or referring to article just described).
- The text for FreeCen is not a complete sentence and I'm not sure what it means. Please reword.
- The opening sentence (see also #1, above) says film for 1841-1891, but 1891 is only on fiche.
Alan 20:31, 23 January 2012 (UTC)