From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 06:30, 30 January 2013 by Cottrells (Text replace - "usgwarchives.org" to "usgwarchives.net")
- - Brinley, Lorine. Cemetery Records: A Texas and Louisiana Collection. Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society, 1959. FHL book 976 A1 no. 3 and FHL film 908964 item 8 This contains card indexes.Transcripts for many cemetery are on films 206289-303.
- -Cemetery Records of Texas. Six Volumes. Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society, 1956-63. FHL book 976.4 V3d and FHL films 897234-35
- Lists of the cemeteries in each county that are included in the above collections are in Sharry Crofford-Gould, Texas Cemetery Inscriptions: A Source Index. San Antonio, Texas: Limited Editions, 1977. FHL book 976.4 A1 no. 56
- Some of the earliest burials in Texas are recorded in Mrs. Malcolm B. Biggerstaff, Four Thousand Tombstone Inscriptions from Texas, 1745-1870: Along the Old San Antonio Road and the Trail of Austin's Colonists. Oklahoma City: Oklahoma Historical Society, 1952. FHL book 976.4 V3b
- The Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) collection also contains tombstone inscriptions from many Texas cemeteries. This collection is described in the "Genealogy" article in this Wiki.
Texas Cemetery Records (at Texas Genealogy), Cemetery inscriptions online organized by county and city
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at: