Texas County Tax Rolls (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known Issues
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1 – Images for Ellis County, 1886, 1887, and 1888 are cut off – the left hand column is cut off so the names cannot be read. Also Images for Angelina County, 1846 are cutoff, pages are in a book and the binding is causing the problem.
Answer #1 – The binding of the record book has prevented filming of the entire record page for Ellis County, 1886, 1887, and 1888.
Question #2 – The Images for Angelina County, 1946 are too faint and difficult to read. Can we get better images?
Answer #2 – Some of the images in this collection are difficult to read. This is due to the original scanning of the documents which was done prior to current technologies which allow for improvement of images after the original scanning is complete.
Question #3 – While browsing, there are no images for Wichita County and Wilbarger County in 1883. Why can't I see these?
Answer #3 – Images of Wichita and Wilbarger County can be found at the beginning of Williamson County, 1883.
Question #4: There is no listing for Bell County for the year 1859. Are there any records for this year and county?
Answer #4: The images for Bell County for the year 1859 can be found under Blanco County, 1859. Images 1-11 are from Blanco County, images 12-55 are from Bell County.
Question #5: Are there any records for Navarro County for the years 1895-1899?
Answer #5: These records are currently unavailable; however they will be published at a later date.
Question #6: The records in the waypoints Texas, County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910 > Collin county, Precinct 1 and Precinct 2 are confusing. Can you clarify what is found there?
Answer #6: The images from the Collin County Precincts 1 & 2 waypoints are as follows:
- Precinct 1-1892 holds images from precincts 1-8 A-G
- 1893 holds images from precincts 1-8 A-H
- 1894 holds images from precincts 1-8 A- M
- Precinct 2-1892 holds images from precincts 1-8 H-Z plus miscellaneous tax records
- 1893 holds images from precincts 1-8 H-Z plus miscellaneous tax records
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Texas, County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910 > Anderson county > 1847 > Image 3 of 17.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Texas County Tax Rolls (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the Texas, County Tax Rolls, 1846-1910 collection at FamilySearch.org.