Thomas County, Nebraska Genealogy
Thomas County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Thomas County, Nebraska|
| Map of Nebraska highlighting Thomas County|
Location in the state of Nebraska
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||February 10, 1887|
|Address|| Thomas County Courthouse|
503 Main Street
Thedford, Nebraska 69166
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Thomas County Courthouse
503 Main Street
Thedford, NE 69166
County Clerk has marriage records from 1887 and land records.
Clerk District Court has divorce and court records.
County Judge has probate records. 
1887--Thomas County was created 31 March 1887 from unorganized territory. County seat: Thedford 
For tips on accessing Thomas County, Nebraska Genealogy census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Thomas County, Nebraska page 434, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).