Tillotson Parish, Virginia

From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:07, 18 February 2011 by Murphynw (talk | contribs) (records, Buckingham Church)

Jump to: navigation, search

United States  Gotoarrow.png  Virginia  Gotoarrow.png  Tillotson Parish

History

Tillotson Parish has served Albemarle and Buckingham counties. Old Buckingham Church belonged to this parish, until 1784, when it became Buckingham Baptist Church.[1]

Founded

Boundary

Resources

Parish History

Parish Records

The Library of Virginia has collected two sets of Tillotson Parish records. One covers the years 1771-1796, and the other 1773-1796.[3]

Websites


References

  1. "Old Buckingham Church," The Historical Marker Database; "Buckingham Baptist Church," The Historical Marker Database. Both accessed 19 February 2011.
  2. Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
  3. Dell Upton, Holy Things and Profane: Anglican Parish Churches in Virginia (Yale University Press, 1997), xi.