Tipton County, Indiana Genealogy
|Tipton County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||January 15, 1844|
|Address|| Tipton County Courthouse|
101 E Jefferson
Tipton, IN 46072
Tipton County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Tipton County, Indiana Resources
- 3.1 Cemeteries
- 3.2 Census Records
- 3.3 Church Records
- 3.4 Court Records
- 3.5 Directories
- 3.6 Land and Property
- 3.7 History
- 3.8 Repositories
- 3.9 References
- Marvin W. Pershing , Tipton County, Indiana history, 1914 Facsim. of History of Tipton County, Indiana: her people, industries and institutions --Indianapolis, Indiana: B. F. Bowen & Co., 1914,( Kokomo, Indiana:Selby Publishing & Printing, c1985) 977.255 H2p v.1&v.2 FHL Collection Other Libary
- Blanchard, Charles. 2010. Counties of Howard and Tipton, Indiana: historical and biographical. (Salem, Mass: Higginson Book Co.)977.2 H2bL FHL US/CAN BookFHL Collectionother libraries FamilySearch Books Online INTERNET ARCHIVE
- History of Tipton County, Indiana - Linkpendium
Tipton County, Indiana Resources
- A cemetery index of Tipton County can be found at http://tiptongenealogy.blogspot.com/. The index was compiled from 1978-1980, so any burials after that are not listed.
For tips on accessing Tipton County, Indiana Genealogy census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Tipton County, Indiana (1880) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Businesses in Tipton County, Indiana (1868) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Land and Property
- Pershing, M. W. History of Tipton County, Indiana, 1914. ( [Kokomo, Ind.] (3405 Zartman Rd., Kokomo 46902): Selby Pub. & Print, 1985.), 977.255 H2p FHL Collection other libraries Google books
- Biographical and Genealogical History of Cass, Miami, Howard and Tipton Counties, Indiana. (La Crosse WI: Brookhaven Press, 2003.) other library Hathi Trust Digital Library
- Maps and Gazetteers - Linkpendium
- See Military Records and Histories - Linkpendium
Civil War service men from Tipton County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Tipton County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Heavy Artillery, Company L
- 8th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies G, L, and M
- 11th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company F
- 26th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 47th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 75th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company B
- 101st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 132nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company F
- 140th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G
- 148th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 153rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- A list of Civil War soldiers buried in Tipton County can be found at http://www.tiptonpl.lib.in.us/pages/cwburied.pdf
Civil War Book
- "Military," Chapter 17 in Pershing, M. W. History of Tipton County, Indiana, 1914. ( [Kokomo, Ind.] (3405 Zartman Rd., Kokomo 46902): Selby Pub.Print, 1985.),(page 141-165),977.255 H2p FHL Collectionother libraries
- The Tipton Daily Tribune is available online at tiptonpl.newspaperarchive.com.It is has all available issues through 1971.
- A collection of over 400 images of Tipton County can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiptongenealogy.The originals are archived at the Tipton County Public Library.
- Directory of Teachers for Tipton County (1936) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Alumni of Tipton High School (1876-1907) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- A full index of Cemetery, Marriage, and Obituary records can be found online at the Tipton County Public Library webpage.
- Indiana State Digital Archives for Death, E-Publication, Institution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- A marriage index of Tipton County can be found at http://tiptongenealogy.blogspot.com/. The index contains marriages from 1844 - 1930.
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $ <
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992-FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959-FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- "Handybook for Ggenealogists:United States of American". 10th ed. (Draper, Utah:Everton Pub., 2002). Tipton Coutny, Indiana 217 At various libraries(WorldCat) FHL Book 973D27e2002. <ref/>fckLRfckLR==== Family History Centers ====fckLRfckLR*Introduction to LDS Family History CentersfckLRfckLR==== Libraries ====fckLRfckLR==== Museums ====fckLRfckLR==== Societies ====fckLRfckLR*Tipton County Public Library contains an extensive local genealogy collection and will scan and email obituaries for free. fckLR*Tipton County Historical SocietyfckLRfckLR<br> fckLRfckLR=== Tipton County, Indiana Web Sites ===fckLRfckLR*USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. fckLR*Family History Library Catalog fckLR*Tipton County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium) fckLR*Tipton County Public Library Genealogy - Digitized Newspapers, Cemeteries, Marriages, Obituaries, and PicturesfckLRfckLR== Tipton County, Indiana References ==fckLRfckLR<references /> fckLRfckLR